Bob Maser wrote:

> Why doesn't the design team at Elecraft incorporate a USB port on
> the back
> of the K3 instead of the outdated serial port?  They could offer a
> kit that
> would use the hole that is now labeled RS232. There might be room
> for 2 USB
> ports or mini ports.

Hi Bob,

Many ham stations incorporate legacy computers and interfaces that use
RS232. We didn't want to create havoc by forcing everyone to upgrade.
OTOH, it's easy to convert RS232 to USB.

That said, we hope to offer a USB version of the K3's digital I/O card
sometime in the future. Nothing in the works yet.

tnx
Wayne
N6KR