Hi guys,

I think one needs to be careful about using el cheapo outlet strips.  I
know conditions down here are different from the U.S., but our fire
chief has warned of fires cause by these items.

Undersized wiring in some is a concern and more importantly the ingress
of dust through the outlet sockets builds up and may start conducting
and raising the temperature until a fire starts.  Our better units have
shutters which automatically close over when a plug is not inserted into
a socket.

  Dust is a problem particularly where the ugly things are installed out
of sight behind furniture.

Regardless of what type is used, the fire chief recommends that they
never be installed on the floor with the outlets facing upwards.

73
Kevin