> Hmm. It's probably some sort of embedded computer. I don't
> know why they didn't go the whole hog and use one with a
> built-in sound card so you could have two-way audio streaming
> as well.

No, it's not an embedded computer.  It is a board level Ethernet
to Serial module mounted to a purpose built "motherboard" that
provides the power and transceiver interface circuits for amateur
use.

He does offer another product that includes a VoIP interface
that will link the mic and speaker to the Ethernet router in
the same box as the Ethernet to Serial interface.  That's most
of the way there ... though you would still need to use soft-
ware like HRD to TRX Manager to control the transceiver and
need to be able to reflect the VoIP to a soundcard for digital
modes.

There are similar Ethernet to USB devices (uBOX series) that
will handle either sound or control but not both in the same
interface.  The problem with USB interfaces is that the standards
for data and multimedia do not coexist well on a single device
(Ethernet to USB) because of the differences in data rates,
packet sizes, etc. and problems packing that data in IP.
BTW, microHAM have investigated "remoting" microKEYER II
and MK2R+ using the uBOX but the "mixed media" issues are not
something that can be overcome at this time.  Again, one would
need two interfaces and a router to stand a reasonable chance
of making everything work.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV