A ot of good stuff going on the list.
One thing I'm puzzled about is the amount of external control people are
asking for.
I haven't seen anything that can't be done with existing software.
Programs like N1MM for contest allows you to sent macros to the K3.
A real great day to dat program is he "Commander" module of DXLabs Suite.
Here's my setup.
I connect to the K3 via my microHAM Keyer 2R+ using LP-Bridge(Great program,
thanks Larry)
LP-B stands between the K3 and all other software. LP-B creats a "virtual"
K3 in its memory.
It knows the status of the K3 at all times.
Through the use of "Virtual" COM Ports, LP-B connects other programs to the
virtual K3 and passes only the necessary commands to the K3.
I connect DXLabs' Command, CWSkimmer to a virtual COM port in LP-B. I've
even had N1MM connected at the same time.  The Command has a lot of standard
front panel stuff already programmed for the K3 and it has 16 programable
buttons to create macros with and 8 programable sliders for variable control
of thing like audio, etc.
I would suggest that those the want software control of the K3 look into
these programs.
The best part of this is they are ALL  FREE!!!
Oh, I forgot to mention that I also can connect the K3 UTIL and EASY-K3 when
running the above setup!!!

Anybody want to discus this setup with me, please drop a line.

Happy Holidays.

de K2GN/Larry
K3 S/N 3278