Thanks for the suggestion, Ed, but I don't see any hint of carbon on
either the plug or the receptacle pins that connect the KPA to the rest
of the radio.  Do you know -- or does anybody know? -- what sort of
"quick check" of voltages I could measure to check whether the KPA is
functional?

Thanks again, Ed!

73,

Joe M.