I believe the OM; query returns the result of the configuration menu
settings. The KPA3 menu setting should be "PA NOR".

Dick, K6KR

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Thomas Norff
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 5:20 PM
To: 'jmalloy'
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Problem: ERR 12V and failure(?) of KPA3

Joe,

have you checked the 'internal information '  ?

use:

OM * (Option Module Query; GET Only)
RSP format: OM APXSDFf-----; where any of the letters APXSDFf, if present,
indicate installed and detected
option modules (see list below). The positions of the letters are fixed. If
a module is not present, its letter is
replaced by a dash (-). For example, if only a PA and sub receiver were
installed, "OM;" would return "OM -P-S--
------;". The five dashes at the end are reserved for future module letters.
Option List: The letters (and associated positions) in the OM string refer
to the following option modules:
A = ATU (KAT3), P = PA (KPA3), X = XVTR and RX I/O (KXV3), S = Sub Receiver
(KRX3), D = DVR
(KDVR3), F = Band-Pass Filter module, main (KBPF3), and f = Band-Pass Filter
module, sub (KBPF3).

During initialisation all installed modules are detected ... independent
what you have configured
If your module is dead i would expect this to be reflected in the OM output.

vy 73
Thomas, DM7TN
K3/100 #78