RF feedback was just one of a number of problems I encountered when setting up
my Flex 5000. It turned out the RF was getting from the radio into the computer
by way of  the FireWire cable. Someone recommended that I purchase a cable from
Granite Digital which I did and it completely cured the problem. The cable is
expensive but it had double insulation and gold contact  pins as well as
ferrite cubes on both ends. Apparently, the FireWire cable supplied by  Flex
does not always work very well in some installations. One of the other issues
which for a while masqueraded as an RF problem turned out to be caused by the
fact that I had one buffer size set in the driver and a different buffer size
in Power SDR. That is a no-no. After I corrected both issues I have had
absolutely no problems with RF or  RF  like symptoms.

 Bruce-W8FU