I agree Bob.  The Flex 5K is a nice radio.  I "had" one myself for a
brief time.  It really comes down to user preference as with all things.

Of course you cannot beat the K3's receiver performance so that you
cannot dispute.  But if someone is so hung up on computers then it is
not a bad option for them.  The main things I did not like about them
were....
1.  I just don't want to rely on a computer being so vulnerable to
problems.  If you have a computer problem then you have a radio problem
too.  With any other radio a computer problem does not induce problems
with the radio.

2.  Just did not like the UI having to bounce back and forth in a
contest situation between the logging program and the radio window.  Too
cumbersome.

3.  While the CW performance was improved it was still nothing close to
the K3.

4.  Too many child programs you had to run in addition to PWRSDR for it
to do certain things.  And while they did work, it was just one more
ingredient in the pie where something could go wrong.

Chow...

73
Greg
AB7R