Well, I don't know about anyone else but ham radio is one of the activities I
partake in to get away from computers ;).
But then again I'm a software engineer and by the end of the day have pretty
much had enough of fighting with Windows and .NET, etc. hi hi and want to do
something else.

Tho all that said, I looked at the Flex briefly not too long ago when I was
shopping for an HF rig. I had to reject it right away because it only
supported Windows (I"m a MacOS X user). Don't know if that's true anymore or
not.

Seems like an interesting idea; they just need to choose a better SW
platform than Windows/.NET ;)

Also, the performance no's of the Flex 5000 look really good too. But then
again, you can have that and a little more with the K3 _and_ not have to
fight someone's Byzantine array of SW drivers, cables, endless configuration
options and SW with who-knows-what wrong with it with every release....

JMO,
LS
W5QD, K2 #6882