Yep, it's already there (although not settable from the K3 Utility).
 From the FW release notes:

"MCU 3.19 / DSP 2.17, 6-14-2009

* POWER-RELATED CONTROL LOCK: The PWR, MIC, and CMP controls
can be locked by tapping '1' in CONFIG:PWR_SET. This is useful in
some contests, such as Field Day, where a carefully-set up K3 might be
used by multiple operators. Accessing a locked control flashes
"LOCKED". SPD/DELAY/MON functions are still accessible. Tapping a
locked knob still
displays the current parameter value, even though you can't change it."

(Of course, there's nothing to stop an op who knows the "secret" from
simply unlocking the controls.)

73
--
Joe KB8AP