Hello Hector,

I think it is Elecraft's competitive edge to accept replacement of damaged
boards.  For other brands, I have to send the whole rig back for repair no
matter how minor the repair work is.

Under very special circumstance and arrangement in the past, I once sent the PA
module of my FTDX9000C back to Yaesu Japan for repair.  In that special
occasion, I have to demonstrate to Yaesu Japan that I have the skill to isolate
and dismantle the PA module.  99.9% of the time, Yaesu will simple request a
return of the entire FTDX9000C for repair.

As an overseas user, it would be attractive to me if I could just get
replacement boards instead of sending back the rig for repair.  Perhaps, we
(Elecraft and us) should aim at that direction at first.

cheers,

Johnny VR2XMC

----- 郵件原件 ----
寄件人﹕ Hector Padron <ad4c2...@yahoo.com>
收件人﹕ n...@contesting.com
副本(CC) elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期﹕ 2010/7/2 (五) 7:58:12 PM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Repair

WOW that is the best idea I have ever heard,so that way anyone will be able to
see at the website  his radio on the list and know exactly when it will be at
the bench for repair.
Good sugestion Pete.

AD4C

"If you see a woman handling a cell phone on her hands while she is driving,do
please stay away from her.!!