Hi Ed,

Sorry for the delay replying to this thread. I've been out of town for
ten days and am just now catching up with older emails.

I just checked and we're running at 3-4 weeks right now for repairs and
upgrades. My target is 2 weeks or better. I was in the factory yesterday
and personally looked at the queue. The majority of the K3s awaiting
work are for customer requested factory upgrades on older units, factory
additions of new options, followed by a fair number with significant
lightning damage (we see that this time each year) and a remaining mix
of normal repair issues. We had the queue down to a shorter time
recently, but the recent rush of radios coming in before field day (for
upgrades, factory alignments and deferred repairs)  pushed us back a
bit. We are also down one repair technician (part time) after they
returned to the job they had been laid off from in Silicon Valley. What
caught us off guard has been the number of people asking us to upgrade
older used K3s to the current revision levels and adding options along
with the larger number of K3s damaged from lightening strikes and other
physical damage. We also had a number of K3s recently returned for
repair after customers mistakenly transmitted into them while preparing
and testing their SO2R set ups for the WRTC competition in Moscow next
week and weekend. (The largest numbers by far of any rig used by U.S.
and other country WRTC teams are K3s.)

Our tech crew has been working overtime to get things back below two
weeks. Rene was in yesterday working hard when I checked in to pick up
some items at the office, and Dale has been working extra hours in the
evening and weekends. I'm also assigning some of our regular production
crew to perform returned K3 dis-assembly, re-assembly etc so the repair
techs can focus on what they do best. If all goes well, we should be at
the two week or better target in the next 1-2 weeks.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ

_..._