Hi Folks,

  I am actually an ex-emacs-w3m user, and I am finding elinks a sort of mixed
blessing. While some of the advanced features are really cool, somehow it seems
elinks is written with the non-technical user in mind, which actually leads to
some annoying behaviors at times.

  The most important problem I am facing is that elinks pops up a alert box
when I am using the 'typeahed feature' (Typeahead is a real cool feature btw).
What happens is that if there is no match, elinks pops up a window and I have
to press either 'o' or ENter to dismiss it. This becomes pretty tiring after
some time. The ideal behavior would be an error message on the bottom status
bar which would disappear as you continue typing.  So is there some way I can
stop these popups from killing my joy of browsing using elinks.

 I have also created a custom Xdialog using Lua. The problem seems to be that
the Xdialog doesn't have a history, and I can't access any of the previous
search strings I typed. So how do I turn on history for the xdialog?

--------------------
bind_key ("main", "S",
                function ()
                xdialog("",