[ It seems your editor doesn't know how to wrap lines.  For someone
who's a ""technical"" user, you ought to change this. ]

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 06:44:32AM -0400, Ligesh wrote:
>   The most important problem I am facing is that elinks pops up a
>   alert box when I am using the 'typeahed feature' (Typeahead is a
>   real cool feature btw). What happens is that if there is no match,
>   elinks pops up a window and I have to press either 'o' or ENter to
>   dismiss it. This becomes pretty tiring after some time. The ideal
>   behavior would be an error message on the bottom status bar which
>   would disappear as you continue typing. So is there some way I can
>   stop these popups from killing my joy of browsing using elinks.

Your use of "popup" here is completely misplaced.  It's a *dialogue*
window that you're seeing here.  Of course, to do what you're asking
isn't much of a problem, see the:

show_not_found

option in ELinks.  You can find that via:

Option Manager -> Document -> Searching -> Show Not Found

... And whilst you're there, I suggest you also look at the other
options under Searching as well.

>  I have also created a custom Xdialog using Lua. The problem seems to
>  be that the Xdialog doesn't have a history, and I can't access any of
>  the previous search strings I typed. So how do I turn on history for
>  the xdialog?

Xdialog?

-- Thomas Adam

--
"If I were a witch's hat, sitting on her head like a paraffin stove, I'd
fly away and be a bat." -- Incredible String Band.