On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 08:25:46AM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:

> >  will wrap them properly. I really don't like the way 75 char limited
> >  paragraphs are displayed in forums or even in mails. It somehow
> >  doesn't look professional.
>
> Subjective.  You're the first person I have heard of that thinks this.
> Should books all be printed on one line?

 I am sorry. I use mailing lists to post to my own forums--I use fudforum
primarily as a frontend for the mailing lists, and if I use hard newlines for
other mailing lists, I will have to have separate vim configurations for
different mailboxes, which would be a real pain to maintain. The better option
for me would be to just stop posting to technical mailing lists.

> >  Ok, then can I map a key so that the 'Go to Url' dialog will pop with
> >  a 'g ' already typed in? 'g <search string>' in the url box is the
> >  short for doing google search. I need a mapping like:
> >
> >  bind_key('main', 'S', go_to_url_box('g '));
> >
> >  Is that possible?
>
> No, but then I find pressing 'g' twice is not too difficult.  :)  I'll
> look at patching the scripting hooks to allow for this -- it is kind of
> possible to do, since we already have the 'E' and 'G' bindings, for
> instance.

 That would be really appreciated. And I have a lot of other requests too. But
this will be a great start. I was using emacs-w3m, which I could actually
rewrite using elisp. So I had done a lot of crazy things. But emacs-w3m is damn
slow, and it has actually started becoming unproductive, despite the ability to
write your own browser.

 Thanks.

--
:: Ligesh :: http://ligesh.com