Hi Phil,

As the r8169 does not carry 7_4 in its file name, does that mean it is backwards compatible with earlier kernels/versions of EL7?

Regards,

Nick

On 2017-10-03 08:06, Nick Howitt wrote:
Hi Phil,

Thanks for these. I'll get them built as soon as possible then try to
track down the people who requested them to test.

Regards,

Nick

On 2017-10-02 21:04, Phil Perry wrote:
On 01/10/17 20:12, Phil Perry wrote:
On 01/10/17 17:04, Nick Howitt wrote:
Hi Phil,

I've been through all the kmod drivers I've compiled for 7.3 and tried compiling them against ClearOS 7.4. Four of them have failed to compile:
ath10k

ath10k was included in RHEL from 7.3 onwards so we have deprecated our driver in favour of the distro kernel driver.

ne2k-pci

ne2k-pci should be the same fix as via-rhine.

r8169

again, looks like the same fix as via-rhine.

rtl8723be

rtl8723be was included in RHEL from 7.3 onwards so we have deprecated our driver in favour of the distro kernel driver.

I'll look to push out updates for ne2k-pci and r8169.

In addition to those above, I note from grepping my source code tree the following drivers may also be affected by the 'trans_start' issue:

3c59x
lan78xx
mptfc
sis900

although 3 of the 4 do weak link against 7.4 series kernels. I will most likely wait for bug reports and fix them should they arise.

Phil

I've rebuilt the following ethernet drivers against RHEL 7.4.
kmod-ne2k-pci needed rebuilding as it was not compatible with 7.4, and
for the others I've taken the opportunity to fix build errors when
rebuilding against RHEL 7.4, but otherwise haven't updated the driver.

kmod-3c59x-0.0-3.el7.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
kmod-ne2k-pci-1.03-3.el7_4.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
kmod-r8169-6.020.00-2.el7.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
kmod-sis900-1.08.10-2.el7.elrepo.x86_64.rpm

Packages are currently syncing to the main elrepo repository.

Phil