Hi Phil,

One thing I noticed in the summer last year but did not isolate at all was that when I was running both the r8168 and r8169 drivers in a box which had both cards, the 8169 NIC would not come up on boot and had to be modprobed after boot. I got round it by:

echo "modprobe r8169" > /etc/sysconfig/modules/r8169.modules
chmod +x /etc/sysconfig/modules/r8169.modules

This got the driver to load much earlier in the boot sequence.

The person who tested the via-rhine driver found the same here: https://www.clearos.com/clearfoundation/social/community/clearos-7-4-beta#reply-190651 (and the following post) with drivers compiled for 7.4.

Regards,

Nick