Bastien Guerry <b...@gnu.org> writes:

>> I do not think that it would be possible. In order to support
>> inlinetasks in agenda/sparse trees/todo setting/tag setting, we need to
>> modify the internals. I see no way around that.
>
> Maybe we are miscommunicating: my suggestion is to _remove_
> lisp/org-inlinetask.el from Org's core.

org-inlinetask.el cannot exist outside Org core without all the extra
support for inlinetasks across Org codebase.

So, what you are suggesting will completely remove inlinetasks feature.

>> Too many aspects of Org are designed for one specific heading syntax.
>> Even modifying inlinetask *****... syntax will likely require adding
>> more special support where things "magically" work for now because
>> inlinetasks often look the same as headings.
>
> And that's part of the confusion: inline tasks _look like_ normal
> tasks while behaving differently.

Yup. That's why I think that we need to make inlinetasks have distinct
syntax.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,