Russell Adams <rlad...@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:

>> It will. And it will also break some of my workflows :(
>
> I think that's unfortunate, but perhaps it would improve the health of
> the codebase?

Removing most features would improve health of the codebase. Like
getting rid of agenda with its horrible code. But it does not mean that
we should do it.

>> > Could we normalize the code if some of the features were enabled in a
>> > cookie/flag on a heading?
>>
>> We would need to put more special cases. Which has pros and cons,
>> actually. The downside is more special cases. The upside is that most of
>> inlinetask bugs are originating from the same code handling both
>> inlinetasks and headings without accounting for their differences.
>
> It sounds like the code would be cleaner in a single place using a cookie.

The cleanest would be something that does not match `org-outline-regexp-bol'.
Then, we will avoid all the possible confusion between tasks and inlinetasks.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,