Suhail Singh <suhailsingh...@gmail.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Indeed. But I wanted to nudge you to do a bit better :)
>
> "Better" here is subjective and we have a difference in opinion, which
> is okay.  While I am not motivated to submit such an alternative patch,
> I also am not aware of any common usecases that would become much more
> complicated as a result of it.

Ok. I thus installed your patch - it is an improvement.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=96eb9f0b4

You are now listed as one of Org mode contributors:
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/7f498b97

>> Further, the distant goal is to implement integration of org-lint into
>> flycheck/flymake. And we do need user-level config for which checkers
>> should be enabled for "full" org-lint check and for "quick" check on
>> the fly then.
>
> I am unfamiliar with flymake, but since flycheck checkers run in a
> different Emacs process, the patch I sent is sufficient.

They do not have to. And in Org mode case, it is not the best idea -
some checkers behave differently depending on which libraries are loaded
and Org mode syntax may be altered by user settings.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,