Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.ap...@gmail.com> writes:

> Since it's all static you relying on an external service like
> Disqus. I'm not so fond of losing control over user contribution like
> that. Besides, the actual service (disqus) is pretty terrible
> anyway. I'm always pissed when the comment I sent gets processed in
> weird ways yet doesn't do verbatim/code blocks.

If the person making the post is paying himself for hosting his website
and if the hosting provider charges a price for dynamic pages (cgi/php)
then the person could be unwilling to shoulder additional charges.  This
is particularly so if the person has no commercial interest but only
plain colloboration interest.

Comments and spam are a pain.  Just look at how WikEmacs is getting
spammed everday.