On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Yuji Yamano wrote:

> I agree. I think we need a framework for easy configuration. For
> example, here is an alist of regexp and function pair for login
> procedure:
>
> (setq tramp-login-method-alist [...]

This is a very good suggestion.  I can see how to implement this, it
wouldn't be hard at all.  The only problem I can see with this is that
we might be running into an infloop if something goes wrong.  If the
regexes are all right, then all will be well, but what happens if the
`password incorrect' message from the remote end is something strange,
such as `go away, dude'?  And what happens if the remote shell prompt
isn't matched by shell-prompt-pattern?

As it is now, there is no loop and therefore I'm confident that there
will be no infloop, either.

If you can convince me that I don't need to be afraid of infloops,
I'll go forth and implement it (as time permits).

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.