[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> then issuing this command is quite fragile already.)  In the
> beginning, I assumed that every Unix host had a /bin/sh and that "exec
> /bin/sh" would be a good way to start a known shell from the
> beginning.

Would it be possible to have ( or perhaps there already is ) a list of
commands that get executed on the remote host to ``prep'' sh for
tramp?   The main one that comes to mind for me is unalias ls instead
of getting ls --color=auto commented out.   Of course,
ls --color=auto | cat  also does the right thing as does
ls --color=auto --color=none
--
Chris Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>