Bruce Ingalls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Perhaps certain commands should be setq()ed.
> You do not need to unalias ls, if you call
>    \ls

Didn't know this factoid - thanks you've saved me from having to type
/bin/ls everytime I mean it.

> which invokes the original ls. I tested this command on solaris's
> /bin/sh, which is _not_ xpg4 compliant. It still works.
>
> ls --color=auto only works for gnu ls, and probably only gnu ls that
> is less than 4 years old.

thats why I was thinking of post setup commands rather than proposing
it as a default.  Your idea is much better :)

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.