On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Kai> Maybe `::' could be the end of the connect list?
>
> Maybe nobody uses VMS and DECNET anymore, but isn't "::" a separator
> between host and path components in a DECNET address? (It's been a
> *long* while since I've seen a VMS system...)

Er, yes. Does Emacs even support DECNET systems these days?

Anyway, I don't understand DECNET. Is the '::' part of a distributed
file path when used, or is it part of the host name?

        Daniel

--
It is rather ridiculous to ask a man just about to be boiled in a pot and
eaten, at a purely religious feast, why he does not regard all religions as