On 27 Feb 2001, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> like? On a branch, of course, because a non-working version as the
>> trunk would be /very/ bad. :)
>
> Why would it be bad ?
> Just make sure there is a `stable' tag pointing to the last working
> release and you're set.

Well...  I bow to Kai on this. My personal feeling is that having a
branch for the new development and retaining the older tramp for
bug-fixing 'til the new one works is good.

However, I can see there is some strong feeling otherwise. As such, I am
going to make it Kai's problem to decide what path to follow.

Tramp is, after all, his project. :)

        Daniel (mmmm, avoid responsibility.)

--
Here with a Newsgroup, where we talk of Quoste,
  A Cup of Coffee and a Slice of Toast;