Jon Elson wrote:

>Last week I made a CD from the 8.04 iso file, installed on a blank
>machine, and then did an anonymous checkout of the development trunk.
>I added all the packages as described in the wiki page for building from
>source.
>I added the synaptic repositories, and did :
>
>wget http://www.linuxcnc.org/hardy/emc2-install.sh
>sudo apt-get build-dep emc2
>sudo apt-get install build-essential libpth-dev
>
>When I did the
> ./configure --enable-run-in-place --enable-build-documentation
>
>I got a message that "convert" could not be found.  When I removed the
>--enable-build-documentation, it built correctly (but of course without the
>docs).
>
>Not a critical problem, but I thought whoever was responsible for this should
>know.

There are a few extra packages needed to build documentation on 8.04.  I
think they are:
dvips
groff
tetex-extra
imagemagick

I had also installed emc2-dev, but I'm not sure what (if anything) it
pulled in.

I have a list (which I can't access right now to confirm this) that
doesn't include imagemagick, but I may have already installed it - it's
one of the "must have" packages for me :)  It also may have been from
emc2-dev.

- Steve