Stephen Wille Padnos wrote:

>> [snip]
>>
>> There are a few extra packages needed to build documentation on 8.04.  I
>> think they are:
>> dvips
>> groff
>> tetex-extra
>> imagemagick
>>

> Oops, according to this wiki page:
> <http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Installing_EMC2#Building_emc2_with_documents>,
>
> you need dvipng, not dvips.

My guess is these are both in the same package, anyway.  Thanks, but I
was just working from the top part of the docs, and they don't say
anything about these packages, and the apt-get build-dep, etc. don't
know to install them.  Then, what you mention is in a commentary at the
end.  I think maybe some improvement in that page is in order.  There is
a step by step list of operations in section 2.1 that includes the
--enable-build-documentation option, which won't work if you just follow
the steps in order.  (Not trying to be critical, just that the docs
should try to have the right steps listed in order.  This is my first
experience with the 8.04 Ubuntu.)

Jon