Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 14:14 -0700, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
>> Stephen Wille Padnos wrote:
>>> Yeah, RT testing opens up interesting issues.  What if some RT module
>>> crashes the machine?  Also the testing can't be comprehensive, since the
>>> buildbot machines are unlikely to have any hardware other than a
>>> parallel port (if that), so we can't actually test all of the RT drivers
>>> anyway.
>> If a buildslave crashes, the buildmaster will notice it and send an
>> email to the admin for that buildslave.
>>
>> And man oh man, I would love to set up a big Rube Goldberg machine to do
>> actual physical-real-world testing.  Steppers turning shafts with
>> encoders, motors moving levers into switches, etc etc.  It'd be awesome!
>>
>> You could have two machines next to each other, one running a trusted
>> version of EMC2, administering the test to the experimental one.  You
>> could do actual closed-loop validation of the whole system.
>>
>> Just need a patron to fund & house the test system...
>
> I don't understand this thread that well, but what are the basics of
> what is needed? A pair of Internet accessible PC's running EMC2, stepper
> and servo axes? I have a T1, static IP's, second hand PC's and a few
> other bits.

Ignore my daydreaming above ;-)

What we could use right now is a couple of machines that can check out
and compile our software, and can run python code (buildbot and
twisted).  We dont need static IPs or anything fancy, though those
things wont disqualify you.  It's good but not necessary if the machines
can stay up and be connected to the net for long periods of time.

These computers would become "buildslaves", which means they'd be pretty
similar to what "farm slots" are in the current Compile Farm.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
how many no money boys are crazy how many boys are raw