Thanks for the example. Doing opengl with Qt seems much easier that with tk.
I'll off course have to code a custom widget, and then load it in QtDesigner,
etc.

I'll try it this week.

For the project hosting, I'll compare the options, but sourceforge is not rich
enough for my project management needs IMO, there are a few tools that I'm
interested in trying out, for which I don know public hosting. The load from
2-5 part-time devs on my server is close to nothing.

For the "beta" timeframe, just read it as an indication on the amount of time
I'm ready to put on the project for the next two months. Read it as " I plan
to invest enough effort on the project to have all essential AXIS current
functionalities in a working state by mid-august"

Thank you very much for the code sample.