On May 25, 2009 04:50:25 pm Frank Tkalcevic wrote:
> My only gripe with QtDesigner is that you need to recompile the code
> afterwards.

That is not true with python, which is interpreted. Of course, you have to
regenerate the gui's python code with a command such as : "pyuic4 -o
axisGui.py axisGui.ui"

But it is no big deal, and could even be automatically done.

> And, in order to add functionality, users need to know how to
> write C++ code.

That is untrue. Unless you want to create a new widget class, not a single
line of C++ is needed. Would you really need to do so, Qt API is so well
coded that it is a pleasure to code.

I'm only just learning Qt, so I'm probably wrong.  I've only played with
C++, but each change to a .ui runs a post processor to generate a .h which
needs to be compiled.  Any change or additional Action requires the
consuming class to add Slots.  Can this be done at runtime?  Or do you
expect all Slots will already be present (a slot for each emc function)?

Have you looked at QtScript, the scripting language built into Qt?