On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 03:37:33PM +0000, andy pugh wrote:
> The bldc component is an interesting quandry as to how it should be
> released, as it completely replaces both bldc_hall and bldc_sine.

I see that bldc_hall3 is in v2.4_branch, while bldc_sine is not.

We must keep compatibility with v2.4 unless there are really good
reasons not to, but we don't have any reason to keep day-to-day
compatibility in master.

So I would say:
 * remove bldc_sine as though it never existed
 * keep bldc_hall3 in v2.5 but mark it deprecated
 * document moving from bldc_hall3 to the unified bldc
 * don't remove bldc_hall3 until at least v2.6

Jeff