Hi,

 First of, the number of 'cores is what /proc/ reports ... ( I think it's
straight from there )...
 And secondly, since preemtp-rt have as it's goal to go in mainline it runs
fine on multicore machines, in fact under load preempt-rt 'REALLY' comes
into it's own ..

 Now, if you look at the version of the kernel it's running 'last stable RT'
, which is 2..6.33.14-rt31 ( for the D510 ), it has been a while since last
rt kernel, compare this to the D525 which is running 3.0-rc7-rt and you will
see a marked improvement.
 Hopefully this trend will continue.

 In terms of minimum latencies preempt-rt will 'never' compete with rtapi
and such, but for worst latency it usually does rather good under load.

Also note that preempt-rt usually sucks on ARM :-( , ( so far ).

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.