Kent A. Reed wrote:
> If I accomplish nothing else, let me at least get y'all to "go slow."
> The documentation sources may be in a precarious state but they can be
> made immeasurably worse through haste (oh the stories I could tell...).

Well, the problem is that we DIDN'T go slow!  We had a documentation
system that worked,
and produced both PDF and HTML documents in a coherent fashion, and
everything was working.
It used LyX, which was not enjoyed by many developers.  It was decided
to go with asciidoc
apparently without much testing, and at least I was totally unaware that
the method of inserting
math equations, etc. was totally non-working for the HTML.  Apparently
it has been like this
on the new docs since November or so.  Now, also, it appears that in
re-organizing the docs,
large sections are not getting built in the PDFs.

So, this is a significant regression, and as we are approaching a new
release, it would be really
good to fix this, even if it requires manual intervention, before the
final release of 2.5 is
published.

Jon