Kent A. Reed wrote:
> Case in point: I created a filename list of all the 2.4-branch .lyx
> files and compared it to a similar filename list of all the 2.5-branch
> .lyx files. The two lists differed by just one file: ./gui/gladevcp.lyx
> shows up in the newer branches. This says to me that the old material
> hasn't been lost, just not completely transformed. This says nothing
> about the disposition of any material newly prepared for 2.5/2.6, of course.

The LyX files are all obsolete, the new system only uses the .txt form
of the documents.
With git, NOTHING is ever lost, it can always be pulled back out of the
master if you
just look backwards in the history.  (I must admit my abilities of using
git are very basic,
but I know all the history is there, and can be browsed easily with the
tree view on the
http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=summary
git browser page.
> As for the latexmath problem. As Pavel noted, one approach is to create
> image files from the formulas, (just as is done now for the line art).
> If that's the way it has to be done, then we should be able to automate
> the process, so that the needed image files are generated directly from
> the same asciidoc files used for the remainder of the documentation, and
> not maintained separately as the line-art files are now.

Yes, LaTeX can generate an EPS file from each formula, and that could
then be made into
a png or similar small graphic image.  Kind of messy, but if a script
can do the conversion, then it
could make absolutely any bit of fancy math come out transparently.

Jon