On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 03:37:26PM -0400, Kent A. Reed wrote:
> Case in point: I created a filename list of all the 2.4-branch .lyx
> files and compared it to a similar filename list of all the 2.5-branch
> .lyx files. The two lists differed by just one file: ./gui/gladevcp.lyx
> shows up in the newer branches. This says to me that the old material
> hasn't been lost, just not completely transformed. This says nothing
> about the disposition of any material newly prepared for 2.5/2.6, of course.
Every .lyx file was converted to .txt - probably with some errors but most
part of them was catched already. So content is not lost. Master files were
converted semi-automaticaly and thus some include lines may be missing.
Adding them back is not a problem. Also JT mentioned that probably some
Master document reordering is needed.

> As for the latexmath problem. As Pavel noted, one approach is to create
> image files from the formulas, (just as is done now for the line art).
> If that's the way it has to be done, then we should be able to automate
> the process, so that the needed image files are generated directly from
> the same asciidoc files used for the remainder of the documentation, and
> not maintained separately as the line-art files are now.
>
> I've been exploring the logic of the Makefile and am beginning to
> understand how the creation of pdf and html documents differ. More later.
pdf files are created via asciidoc -> docbook -> pdf path. That's why we get
nice looking formulas and other TeX goodies. HTML files are generated directly
from asciidoc and thus lacks formula images. I'll add latexmath filter that
create images as soon as possible.

                                        Pavel