Yishin Li wrote:

>  The reason that I have not deny this comment is because we do not
> have a platform to verify this with our USB/FPGA control board.

OK, good, I couldn't imagine a fundamental reason why it shouldn't be
compatible.
> We are thinking of setup a platform to verify Rigid Tapping, and need
> advice for selecting spindle.
> Here are 3 options, which one should we better choose?
> 1. Inner Motor Spindle
> 2. Belt Spindle with Servo Motor
> 3. Customized tool holder with Servo Motor
It really doesn't matter.  The only place it becomes a problem is if the
spindle reversal
is so quick that the linear axis cannot stay in sync.  A VFD can be
programmed to
limit the rate at which the spindle speed can change, or a filter such
as the HAL limit
component can be put in the spindle speed command to control the rate of
reversal.
All you need is an encoder with index on the spindle.

Jon