On 5/1/2012 5:09 AM, Abel Michael wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just saw that you have resurrected the rt-preempt patches.
> Very very cool!
>
> I'd like to reproduce your results and help bug-fixing, but I'm not
> exactly sure how to patch everything together.
> If I've understood right this procedure might do it:
>
> 1) Follow these instructions:
> http://www.zultron.com/static/2012/04/linuxcnc-bitmuster-bisect.tgz
> 2) Apply this patch:
> linuxcnc-bitops-fix.patch
> 3) Apply the patch Charles send two posts ago to fix the rtapi message
> levels
> (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

That should work, but I have gone back to working with HEAD.  If you
apply my rtapi message patch, John's forward-ported patch set seems to
work fine applied to HEAD.  The bitopts patch may assist with debugging
(I haven't had a chance to check yet), but did not seem to affect
whether the code would run or not.

> If somebody is in the mood for using git format-patch and send a patch,
> I would be also very happy. I'd like to push a branch to my repository
> at http://gitorious.org/emc-rt-preempt afterwards.
> So that everybody is able to pull. The repository is intended to toy
> around with rt-preempt and for a later merge upstream when it is running
> stable.

I would, but I have lost my test platform for a week or so (it's got a
'real job', and has been returned to it's primary duty).  John's initial
patch set is probably the best place to start:

> http://www.zultron.com/static/2012/04/linuxcnc-buesch-rt-patches-forward-port-2012-04-25.tgz

I have also been trying to keep build notes updated on the wiki, which
may be helpful:

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net