Hi Jan,

> I have a very valid (I hope) question though:
> RTAI knows to run real time sections in kernel space, later on they also
> got RT in user space to go. So where does the original RT section of LCNC
> run -- in userspace or in kernel space?

I'm sorry, but I'm still confused about the 'RT' terminology.  Do you
mean the old RT-Linux, or the new PREEMPT_RT?

In the new preempt-rt, everything runs in user space, including rtapi,
which has been the focus of my investigation.  There was an earlier
email that linked a page explaining 'priority inversion', which
preempt-rt addresses as the major part of running real-time processes in
user space.

As for the original RT-Linux, I know very little about it.

Did I understand (and answer) your question well?

        John