On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:

> Fair enough.  I thought the current discussion concerned moving away
> from autoconf and friends.  Personally I have a lot more experience and
> comfort with autoconf, automake, and libtools.

I do too, at least they tell you what is going on and you can fairly easily
configure them.  Cmake is a mess.  If it doesn't pick up on something
convincing it to do what you tell it can be a horror story.  Not hard to
find confirmation of this on your favorite search engine.  Unfortunately,
Cmake seems to be taking over.  Not sure why something that is supposedly
intended to make things easier has to be such a complicated thing.  I guess
the intent was to burden the developers.  It seems the real problem with it
as a user is that developers are chasing a moving target -- or not
bothering to chase a moving target.
Eric