On 21 October 2013 09:03, Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is this something we would like included in linuxcnc?

It seems to be something that comes up regularly, and a different
solution is found each time.

In some ways it is only a just a preview problem. In other ways it may
go a little deeper.

A forum thread some time ago ended up concluding that using a G10
rotation was a good solution for that particular user, but he was
wanting to swap sides from inside G-code for a gang-tooling setup.

The big question there is what effect that has on the directions of G2
and G3, and also the sense of tool radius compensation. (Do left-side
and right-side switch? Should they switch)

To an extent using GEOMETRY -XZ already works (I think). I don't have
a machine here to test it on.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.