On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 07:04:16PM +0000, Chris Morley wrote:
> only is you are using a backtool and want it displayed as a back tool and
> only if while displayed as a back tool you assume the orientation follows
> Fanuc rules.

No, this doesn't really have anything to do with back tools.

A normal everyday turning tool is currently #2.  If we change this
people will have to change their tool table and make it #3.  If they
don't update their tool table, they'll get incorrect motion when
they use compensation.  It won't be particularly crashy, but it'll
sure cut parts wrong.

People coming from other controls may expect to call a normal
everyday turning tool a #3.  That is the ONLY thing we'd be fixing
by changing it.