On 10/21/2013 11:06 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 21 October 2013 18:54, Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well now is the time to break configs (the transition to 2.6),
>
> It doesn't just break configs, it will make existing G-code execute
> differently.

This brings to mind when in the 70's, here in the U.S., there was a big
push to convert to metric. Instead, we got the lesser of both worlds, it
might have been better to do nothing at all. I would have preferred to
have gotten the metric conversion done quickly and fully.

For existing G-code, it usually needs to be rewritten for different
machines anyway, so other issues carry more weight in my opinion.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/