I've been lurking for quite a while, and I'm trying to get up to speed with
the system to help out.  I'm currently setting up a dev. environment to
test/learn the software.  My plan is to build and test the three main RT
Kernels with the Unified Build branch.  My question is: has it been
determined what base system is planed on being used for 2.6.  I've seen
Ubuntu Precise mentioned on the list and on the TODO page.  Is there a
specific version of Precise that would be used?  I am currently installing
Xubuntu on my dev. system since the default Unity install was very slow.
 Also, is there a specific kernel version that is going to be utilized?  I
know Precise shipped with either 3.2 or 3.4, but the latest point release
is including a 3.8 series kernel.  I think that would match up better with
the BBB kernel that is being used with Machine Kit.  It seems that RTAI ,
Xenomai and RT_Prempet all theoretically support 3.8, and my plan was to
test this.

Thanks,

Brian Morel