On 3/3/14 16:12 , Robert Ellenberg wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just created a "release candidate" branch for circular arc blending:
>
> http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/circular-blend-arc-rc1

Sweet!

> It's identical to my github branch that Sam and others have been testing.
> There was one small hiccup in pushing the new branch:
>
> remote: fatal: bad object 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

This looks terrible but it's normal when you push a new branch.  It
means the branch name did not exist on the remote.  It's safe to ignore.

> However, it looks like the build failed here:
>
> http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/buildbot/builders/1400.rip-wheezy-rtpreempt-amd64/builds/193
>
> I'm not sure how to interpret this error, but I suspect that since I forked
> from master back in October, there have been fixes that my branch is
> missing.

You're correct, the master branch (and by extension, your branch) do not
build correctly on armhf.  I've been working on a way to teach the
buildbot not to even try, and it should be finished later tonight.

> As a possible solution, I've been able to rebase the RC branch onto the
> lastest master with minimal changes. If there is a recent build that we
> know is solid, I can rebase my branch onto that and push it. If I go down
> this route, should I increment the branch's name, or just overwrite the
> "bad" branch?

Perfect.  Wait for me to merge my 'platform-is-supported' code into
master within a few hours, then create a new branch (called
circular-blend-arc-rc2 maybe?) pointing at the same commit as -rc1, and
rebase -rc2 onto origin/master.

Thanks for all your work on this awesome feature.  I look forward to
reviewing and merging it.  :-)

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky