> I think one can argue both ways John.  Basically I just wanted to throw it
>  out there and see if it sticks. :)
>
> You are of coarse correct because I can still set the F to what my machine
> can do, and running smoother is always going to be faster.  Those little
> near stops of millisecond duration when turning a corner have been known to
> make the 24" steel kitchen base cabinet mine is sitting on dance a bit.

Gene, to clarify a bit, the only reason we're seeing those velocity humps
is because we're pushing the path as fast as it will go. Since the
requested feed rate is far above what the machine config can actually do,
the feed that the trajectory planner produces is limited by the maximum
velocities of each segment. The trajectory planner will never exceed your
requested feed rate (other than by feed override), so you won't see those
humps at a reasonable feed rate.

You might benefit from the "ramp frequency" setting in the new TP. I talked
about this in the forum
post<http://www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/10-advanced-configuration/27368-new-trajectory-planner-testersprograms-wanted?start=130#44474>,
but basically, it reduces jerks by using constant acceleration during short
segments. If you set the frequency lower, it will smooth more aggressively.