Not trying to make any more confusion but I find Geany to be a bit
confusing about spaces and tabs as you can not see them. While it is
great for Python programs because you can run them from within Geany.
Gedit is much less confusing to look at especially if you have the Draw
Spaces Plugin. With Draw Spaces Plugin you can see tabs and spaces so if
your mixing them it is very visible. IMHO mixing tabs and spaces causes
problems when viewing in some editors and may cause problems with
executing languages like Python. In fact Python 3 disallows mixing of
tabs and spaces in indentation of the code.

JT