From: Gene Heskett [mailto:ghesk...@shentel.net]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 4:23 PM
To: emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] Mode switching bug

On Monday 04 December 2017 14:52:07 Rod Webster wrote:

> "I can't think
> of any time where there is a need for LCNC to remain in MDI mode after
> issuing an MDI."
>
> In Gmoccapy, switching modes changes the tab displayed even if the
> mode change is done from external hardware as I do. What Kurt proposes
> might leave users feeling a bit dizzy as I think after every MDI
> command, it would swap back to the jog tab.
>
> Rod Webster
> +61 435 765 611
> Vehicle Modifications Network
> www.vehiclemods.net.au

And I've grown to like it not reverting because its a  heck of a lot less mouse
clicks to setup a 4 or 5 command cycle, and just cycle thru the history to
re-enter the commands that are consistent within a loop.

Having to keyboard or mouse click after an mdi command just to issue the next
one in a quick loop, would be a pita to me.

My $0.02.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)