On Thursday 05 July 2018 12:28:22 Jon Elson wrote:

> Are there up-to-date release notes for LinuxCNC?  There is a
> release notes file in the Wiki, but the last entry is
> February 2016 (2.7.4)!  There seems to be some
> incompatibility with my configs files sets and the 2.8
> release, and I need to make whatever changes are required.
> I see a lot of differences between some of the usual
> boilerplate, such as related to EMCMOT.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

The biggest thing I can think of is the joint-axis merge, which is still
a bit incomplete, requiring matching, duplicate entries for some of the
vars used in the .ini file.

Perhaps Andy can state it a lot better than I can. There is supposed to
be a onetime script that scans and edits your configs and fixes 99% of
it on the first execution of older /config/ files.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)