Robert, that is a good link and starts to confirm something else I had found
on tuning preempt_rt.
As the new guy I will likely post stuff that others already know and have
reviewed.
From what I can see it looks like RTAI just had a release at version 5.2 with
support for kernel patches up to 4.14.111
For preempt_rt it looks since each IRQ handler shows as a process they can be
prioritized separately.  In peoples testing, has specific tuning been done to
see  if that impacts the paraport performance since that appears to be a
concern point?  If not, I can try that thread and see if I can vary the results.
Also I ran across another dual-kernel version for RT, https://xenomai.org/.
has this been looked at before?
Thanks!
Randy
    On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 10:19:38 PM MDT, Robert Murphy
<robert.mur...@gmx.com> wrote:

 Sorry for this second post......regarding latency, would this be an option

http://www.machinekit.io/docs/hal/threads-and-latency/